Saturday, September 20, 2014

Kitchen scale

Not sure how many people are still using an analog kitchen scale in a digital world today. I was one of them (if I'm not the last) until very recently when I finally bought a digital kitchen scale. Yes, I'm not kidding!

Analog kitchen scale

Before I introduce you to my new digital kitchen scale, I should give credit to my old analog kitchen scale. My analog kitchen scale was actually a free gift from My Chemist. It had served me well for many years that I reckon it should get a long service medal. Its achievements during these years are countless. It certainly played an important role in filling our tummies with all the yummy cakes and cookies that I baked. So I think it's a good time for a retirement. Wait, I'm not giving it away just in case the digital one fails! Who knows?

Digital kitchen scale with glass surface

Well, I always wanted to get a digital kitchen scale but I just don't really have the time to search for one. ALDI recently had a baking ware sale and the digital kitchen scale was only $9.99! I thought it was cheap and thus, I just bought one without any hesitation.

Digital kitchen scale - measuring functions

There were a number of designs to choose from and I decided on a glass surface as it looks classy and I reckon it is easier to clean. The digital kitchen scale comes with 3 measuring functions namely measuring weight in g or lb.oz, measuring water in ml or fl.oz as well as measuring milk in ml or fl.oz. 

Digital kitchen scale - tare function

Besides that, there's a tare function where one could weigh ingredients using a container without including the weight of the container. How convenient!

The digital kitchen scale certainly makes my life easier now. Well, I suppose there's no more excuses for inaccurate weights of ingredients if the recipes don't work now :p

No comments:

Post a Comment