Thursday, December 4, 2014

Healthy green smoothie recipe

Summer is here! Longing for a glass of smoothie on a hot day? There are a lot of smoothie shops around Melbourne city and Five Plus on Little Lonsdale St in particular is my favourite. Actually, it’s not hard to make yourself a glass of healthy smoothie at home too. What you really need is a good blender that’s able to blend ice easily and of course, the required ingredients. I recently bought an Omniblend V 2 litre blender so I thought I should put it to the test by making smoothie. The blender is amazingly efficient that the ice was crushed in seconds and the smoothie was done in less than 10 seconds with high speed! It was indeed a good buy.

Healthy green smoothie recipe

Well, I used to have fruits only smoothie until I found my love for kale. Yes, the very high nutritional value vegetable – kale! If your kid is not into vegetables, it is probably a good idea to offer them a glass of yummy green smoothie instead. Below is a nice green smoothie recipe I modified from the smoothie I had at Five Plus. In fact, you could always modify the smoothie by adding the fruits you like.

Green smoothie ingredients

Recipe:

(4 servings)

3-4 leaves of kale
5 leaves of mint
1 banana
1 mango
1 apple
4-5 small slices of pineapple
1/2 lime
1 1/2 cups almond milk
2 trays or about 24 small ice cubes

1. Wash kale and mint leaves. Cut the fruits.

2. Place kale, mint, banana, mango, apple, pineapple, lime juice and almond milk into the blender. Blend until everything is combined.

3. Add in ice cubes and blend until smooth.

Omniblend V 2 litre blender
Healthy green smoothie recipe
Kale smoothie recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment