Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Airfried sweet potato recipe

I finally bought a Philips Airfryer XL! Looks like I'll need a bigger kitchen if I'm to get any more new appliances from now on as this new gadget is taking up a lot of space.

What's the first food you cooked with your airfryer? Mine was sweet potato fries! Strange choice? Well, I fell in love with sweet potato fries ever since I ordered it from Roll'd - a Vietnamese food chain in my office building. I would usually order a side sweet potato fries to accompany my lunch meal. Therefore, I want to create a healthier version of sweet potato fries that I could eat it everyday! :)

Airfry sweet potato

The verdict? I must say that the airfryer is a fantastic invention. The freshly cut sweet potato was turned into crunchy fries in just 12 mins with little to no oil! Of course, the healthier airfried version differs from the normal deep fried version but it's close. It's crispy on the skin but without the oil taste that you get from deep-frying in oil. I think it is a very good alternative to enjoy a healthier version of "fried" food. 

Besides that, I love the cleaning part too. You just need to wash the basket and the pan. Both parts are dish washer safe. So far, the interior of the appliance had no food residues after my cooking. Hence, I merely wiped it using a damped cloth.


Recipe:


1 big sweet potato 
1/2 tablespoon oil (I used rice bran oil)

1. Cut sweet potato into strips. 

2. Put the sweet potato strips in a ziplock bag. Add in oil, ziplock it and shake so that each strip is coated with oil.

3. Place the sweet potato fries onto the basket of the airfryer. Airfry for about 12 mins in a pre-heated airfryer at 180c.

Airfry sweet potato

Airfry sweet potato

Sweet potato fries

1 comment:

  1. good review. I always prefer Philips for all of my cookware thanks to the high technology they apply in their cooking operation principle. I often make boneless chicken thigh air fried for my kids every weekend. They love it than any other similar KFC outside. I haven't owned a food processor but it seems pretty effective with garlic and onion. I will consider having one soon.

    ReplyDelete