Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Laksa King restaurant review

There are a number of restaurants that I often visit but I have never blogged about them. For example, Laksa King. So I thought I should give it some attention although I reckon they are already quite popular as there's always a queue on weekends!

Laksa King is a Malaysian restaurant located at Flemington. Although it's quite a big restaurant, it's always packed. Luckily, they are kind enough to set up a proper waiting area with seats for the hungry people. There is a wide selection of food ranging from individual meals such as rice dishes, stir fried noodles, noodles soup, roti and its famous curry laksa to a variety of main dishes. 

Fish fillet noodles and Ipoh fried noodles (aka wat tan hor) are my favourites from Laksa King. Although I'm not so much of a laksa person, I must say that their laksa is pretty good too. 

Fish fillet noodles at Laksa King

The fish fillet noodles at Laksa King is one of the best I've found in Melbourne. The soup is almost perfect and it's always loaded with abundant ingredients as well as fish. There's a fish head version too if you prefer. 

Wat tan hor at Laksa King

Given that I'm a fan of wat tan hor (which is basically fried flat rice noodles with egg gravy), I would order this dish whenever it's offered on the menu. In Laksa King, wat tan hor is named as Ipoh fried noodles on their menu. Again, this dish is packed with generous ingredients such as prawns, squids, pork slices as well as choy sum in the scrumptious egg gravy. To me, it is the best wat tan hor I could get so far as some other Malaysian restaurants tend to have too much burnt taste (wok-hei) for the rice noodles. 

Fish curry laksa at Laksa King

Well, it would be ironic if you didn't try laksa from Laksa King. Similar to the other dishes, it has a generous portion. Interestingly, I love their laksa although I'm not really a fan of laksa. I particularly like the wee-bit of mint leaves garnish on the laksa which actually enhances the flavour quite a bit.

Needless to say, I like Laksa King a lot. It's one of the better Malaysian restaurants close to the city that serves reasonable priced and yummy Malaysian food.

Laksa King on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment