Thursday, November 27, 2014

Dish'd Food Store review - part 2

Continuing from my first Dish'd Food Store review, here I have tasted a few more Dish'd meals. In fact, I have made my second order on the following week! Is it that good? Well, I think the food is not bad but most importantly it's very convenient. Ok, let's take a look at the meals that I have consumed recently.

Dish'd Cod en papillote
Dish'd Cod en papillote

Cod en papillote with julienne carrots, fennel and almonds in a citrus sauce is the first en papillote dish I had from Dish'd. What is en papillote? En papillote is a cooking method where food is baked in a folded pouch or parcel usually made from parchment paper or aluminium foil. Instead of baking, it creates a steaming effect similar to my oven-steam recipes! Apparently, the pouch is suppose to be opened in front of people so that they could smell the aroma! Well, the cod was not bad but I'm not a fan of fennel and almond. Hence, I'll give this dish a pass next time.

Dish'd vegetable lasagne
Dish'd vegetable lasagne

The vegetable lasagne has topped my list to become my favourite pasta from Dish'd now. I love the whole egg pasta as well as the bechamel sauce and cheese. Serving it with some fresh salads would make it a perfect and complete meal.

Dish'd mozzarella and mushroom pizza
Dish'd mozzarella and mushroom pizza

Next is the Mozzarella and mushroom pizza with caramelised onions on a whole wheat crust. I must say that the pizza didn't taste anything like a frozen pizza. It was juicy. The taste and the texture of the mushrooms were like fresh mushrooms. However, the wheat crust was a tad hard for my liking.

Dish'd casatella and mascarpone ravioli
Dish'd casatella and mascarpone ravioli

Another pasta dish that I've tried is casatella and mascarpone ravioli with tomato and basil sauce. The ravioli was cooked al dente just like the other pastas. However, I found that the tomato and basil sauce was just average.

Dish'd Hake en papillote
Dish'd Hake en papillote

Hake en papillote with grilled zucchini, cherry tomatoes and pesto sauce is the fish papillote I like the most from Dish'd's menu. The fish tasted fresh and I love the grilled zucchini. Not to mention the exceptionally good pesto sauce! It's a perfect fish papillote dish with the balance of flavours!

Well, like I mentioned before, the dishes are pretty good and are the best frozen which I've tasted. However, due to its small portions, you'll probably need to add some sides such as salads to be filling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment