Monday, November 17, 2014

Paperboy Kitchen restaurant review

There are so many Vietnamese restaurants in Melbourne CBD. However, this hasn't stopped new Vietnamese restaurants from popping up. It's good for the consumers though as we have more options when it comes to Vietnamese food.

Paperboy Kitchen review

Well, Paperboy Kitchen is one of the new Vietnamese restaurants that started operating earlier this year. It's a modern Vietnamese restaurant selling bread rolls (banh mi) and rice noodles bowls. The setup of the restaurant is very much like a cafe where you can grab a quick meal for lunch. It's worth mentioning that Paperboy Kitchen only opens for lunch from 11:30am-3pm on weekdays. I have been ordering take away now and then from Paperboy Kitchen during my lunch break.    

Paperboy Kitchen menu

Paperboy Kitchen's menu is very simple. First, you choose either bread roll or rice noodles bowls. After that, you decide on the the fillings. There are BBQ chicken, spicy BBQ pork, satay tofu, pano fish and pulled lamb to choose from. I kind of like this concept as I don't need to spend too much time in deciding on what to eat.

Paperboy Kitchen review - bread roll takeaway
Paperboy Kitchen review - BBQ chicken bread roll or banh mi

I had BBQ chicken roll on my very first visit. The bread roll came with some spicy popcorn on the side which was quite interesting. Apparently, all the meals are served with a small plate of spicy popcorn if you're to dine at the restaurant. The BBQ chicken was very tasty. Together with the Asian slaw, carrot-daikon pickles, sriracha-mayo and coriander, it makes a perfect bread roll. To me, this is one of the best Vietnamese bread roll or banh mi I have had so far. Not too mention the portion is huge!

Paperboy Kitchen review - takeaway
Paperboy Kitchen review - BBQ chicken rice noodles bowl

On my recent visit, I tried rice noodles bowl with BBQ chicken and topped with a free range egg. The BBQ chicken was as tasty as before. The rice noodles together with the veggies and its salad dressing and sriracha-mayo made it a very refreshing and light meal as compared to the bread roll. Oh, by the way, the free range egg was lightly fried with the white that was just set and a soft runny yolk which is exactly the kind of egg I love to eat.

Overall, Paperboy Kitchen is a good choice for lunch on a busy work day. I'm glad that my office is nearby which means there are more opportunities to try other meals in the future.


Paperboy Kitchen on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment