Saturday, August 9, 2014

Butter cookies recipe

I created this butter cookies by chance when I was trying to bake Chinese dragon cookies by refering to the recipe from Nasi Lemak Lover. However, I mistakenly weighed in the amount of cake flour required for corn flour and the amount of corn flour for cake flour! It was too late when I realised my mistake. So I continued baking them hoping that they would become butter cookies. And yes, they did! To my surprise, it tastes similar to the Walkers butter shortbread.

If you wish to have more 'melt-in-the-mouth' texture, I reckon you could tweak the recipe by adding more corn flour and reduce the same amount of cake flour. Let me know how you go!

Recipe:

120g cake flour
20g corn flour
10g milk powder

80g butter
50g icing sugar
2 egg yolks

1. Combine cake flour, corn flour and milk powder in a bowl. Sift and leave it aside.

2. Beat butter and icing sugar until creamy. Add in yolks, one at a time and mix well.

3. Add in the ingredients in step 1 and fold into cookie dough. Cover the dough with cling wrap and let it rest for 20-30mins.

4. Make the dough into cookies with the shape and size that you like. You can roll it into the right thickness and cut it using a cookie cutter. I'm lazy. I simply divided the dough into small balls (about the size of a Lindt chocolate ball) and flatten each using my palms!

5. Bake at 160c at the lower rack for about 15+ mins or slightly brown.

butter cookies



No comments:

Post a Comment