Monday, August 25, 2014

Shizuku Ramen and Craft Beer review

Shizuku Ramen and Craft Beer - signage

It was last year when I last eaten at Shizuku on Abbotsford St in Richmond. Hence, I decided to drop by the place again when I was on my way to IKEA. While driving past the restaurant, I noticed that the restaurant signage has changed to 'Ramen & Craft Beer'!? It used to be Shizuku! My first thought was that the business has changed ownership. After seeing that they are still serving ramen, I stayed on my original plan to have my lunch there. Luckily, it was just a rebranding of the restaurant.

Shizuku Ramen and Craft Beer restaurant
Shizuku Ramen and Craft Beer - beautiful alcohol bottle

Okay, a number of changes I observed when I stepped into the restaurant after so long. First the signage. Later I found that there are a lot of wine/alcohol bottles around the register counter as well as at a corner of the restaurant. There's also a beautiful used alcohol bottle on each tables which is used to store plain water for the customers. Looks like they are serving various alcohol drinks nowadays. Besides that, they also have new menu which has a lot more choices than before. Well, I'm glad that they still offer the lunch menu.

Shizuku Ramen and Craft Beer - lunch menu

There are five choices on the lunch menu. Each options comes with a combination of food. I ordered shoyu ramen, fried rice, gyoza and pickle set. It is quite usual to find similar combinations where a bowl of ramen comes with a small bowl of fried rice in the ramen restaurants in Japan.

Shizuku Ramen and Craft Beer - Shoyu ramen, fried rice, gyoza and pickle

As far as I could remember, the food still taste as great as before. The shoyu soup was almost perfect except that it's a bit oily. The noodle has the right texture and the char siew was soft and melts in the mouth. I particularly love the fried rice. It is one of the tastiest Japanese fried rice I have had in Melbourne. The gyoza and pickle simply made this a complete meal.

In my opinion, the lunch menu is very good value for money. I will certainly visit Shizuku Ramen & Craft Beer again whenever I'm craving for ramen.

Shizuku Ramen and Craft Beer - Shoyu ramen
Shoyu ramen
Shizuku Ramen and Craft Beer - fried rice
Japanese fried rice
Shizuku Ramen and Craft Beer - gyoza and pickle
Gyoza and pickle

Website: http://shizuku.com.au

Shizuku Ramen on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment